Monday, August 13, 2007

Sorry I am so bad at updating. The last few weeks have been quite crazy. So yes, Darren and I got engaged! We went out for a fancy dinner, got ice cream and then went for a walk in the park. Nashville has an actual life size replica of the Parthenon, so we went there and played battleship (like what we did on one of our first dates). Darren then gave me a box with a compass in it engraved with our kareoke song, Jackson and asked me to marry him! It was so great. The next day, we went and picked out the ring. Pictures of the ring and the compass are http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittycar/ We aren't really sure what we are going to do for the wedding yet. Something small, either here or in New Orleans probably in April or May.

Other news- my job has been very busy lately. I am learning tons and tons and working a lot. I have basically gone through about three months training in three weeks! They are really pushing me a ton, which is good. I really want to stay on at least through the fellowship and hopefully get hired on. The job is really interesting and I appreciate the learning and growing atmosphere they provide. Also, everyone is soooo nice. Really much better than Hill, which was really pretty clickie. I started working on the desk this week and had a searching verficiation (basically a test of my skills). Things are exciting!

Those things are really keeping me busy now, but I am looking forward to hanging out with Terah (an Nashvillian I met in Minneapolis), who is back in Nashville. It will be nice to start to make friends. Tuesday Darren and I are going to the Rufus Wainwright and Neko Case concert at the Ryman Auditorium. I'm excited to see Neko Case in such a historic place.

More to come! I hope that some of you can come down and visit!

Carissa

No comments: